Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Dining Room Barnwood Wall



I love this project. Like love, love it. This was the first barn wall I did, probably over a year and a half ago. Its authentic barnwood out of Keytesville, MO. I used stains and washes to get all of the color variations. Although this is my favorite project, it wasn't 
necessarily my favorite project to do! It required a LOT of detailed work and time. Using old barnwood isn't really ideal for wood working. Here are all of the steps I went through to make this work:

Step one: find boards
Step two: Wash boards
Step three: Wash boards again
Step four: Sand boards down, and wash them again
Step five: Find 2 stain and 2 wash variations you and your client think look good together
Step six: Stain and white wash all the boards
Step seven: Cut boards to fit the wall (after finding studs and measurements of course) - and don't forget since they are old the will won't be straight, and may be warped. 

Much more tedious than the recent wall I did! But it turned out awesome, and I wouldn't trade all that hard work for anything! 

Here is my DIY of a wall that is a little less complicated. 

Here is a picture of me piecing together the right length of boards for the wall. Since this was my first wall I was apprehensive to 'just go for it'. So I took my time getting started, before I screwed anything into the wall. 


Here we are about half way down the wall. I started at the top to make sure the top was perfect. Any imperfections I wanted hiding at the bottom of the wall where the eye is not drawn.


Here we are completed! Ahhhhh. I can't get enough. Love it. 



This wall was so similar yet so different than my most recent. It has so much character and adds the perfect 'rustic' feel to this dining room. Paired with the moose for perfection. 

Xoxo, 

Brittney 





No comments:

Post a Comment