Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

{Kitchen Updates}


I wanted to share some updated kitchen pictures with you guys. I feel like our house is constantly evolving, and it's not fair to leave you with last weeks kitchen!

A lot of the time when we complete a project I love it, and then after living with it for a week or 2 we realize that we missed something, or that we need to do something additional. Which is part of the reason things change so often! This time it's the dishwasher project I shared a few weeks ago. For the kitchen to feel balanced and aesthetically pleasing we plan to add some doors on each side of the dishwasher. They will look like the doors in the rest of the kitchen, but will be tall and skinny to fill the 6 " space. I think this will make it feel much more balanced. 

Here are some pics of the kitchen this week. I found the right size baskets for the upper openings (finally!), and added a mini coffee back by the coffee maker. It's super convenient, the hubby loves having everything right there! 







Another issue we've had in this kitchen is the fact that everyone can see straight in! Which is usually not a problem, and we enjoy watching life outside the window while we cook and do dishes. However, there are times when I don't want the neighbors to see straight in! When I'm getting my coffee in my pajamas, or doing a silly dance while I cook, for instance. Here are some of the ideas I've considered to help with this problem: 

1. A Roman Shade

I like this idea because most of the time we would leave it up, and it would add some color. But then those times when I don't want people staring in, it's a super easy way to cover the window. I'm not the worlds best sewer, so I may need Nana for this one. 


photo by dear lillie 

2. Double Layered Window

I saw this in a neighbors house and thought it was a unique idea. I love this idea because the glass is still transparent, and lets tons of light in. Yet, people can't see in quite as easily. It would require a little more work in the eye to see this dancing queen breaking it down. 


3. A Wreath and Some Tall Greenry

Again an idea that doesn't give you complete privacy, but make the eye work harder to see in. This is awesome because it looks adorable and isn't something you see everyday. 


What do you guys think? What should we do with our kitchen window?! I can't wait to see feedback in this because, let's face it, I really need some help! 

XoXo

B

No comments:

Post a Comment