Pages

Monday, October 19, 2015

White - Washed Cottage Design

Interestingly enough this project blog seems to go hand in hand with the content of the previous blog!  How fun. :)

I am in the process of being a consultant for a living room re - design. One of the hardest decisions for the client and myself has been over a piece of beautiful furniture she has, that she wanted to use but just didn't work in the room I designed for her. We did so much of the room before redoing the piece, seeing if we could bring it into the design and make it work. We came to the conclusion that if it were going to stay in the room, the color was going to have to be changed. She loved the original design I did for her and I knew that to get the look she really wanted, we needed to stick to it. Thank goodness she is thrilled with the final decision ( or I might be fired ;) ) 


Here is the BEFORE


Clearly a beautiful piece, but didn't fit into the white - washed cottage we are trying to create. Now you see what it 'hurt' a little to paint it.


Here is the AFTER





 I couldn't be happier with the way it turned out. I havent't been redoing as much furniture lately. I have really been focusing on the design side of things. So this was a really fun project for me to get my hands dirty on! It turned out exactly as we both hoped and is not really a center point for the whole room! 

What I did was 2 coats of Benjamin Moore Dove Wing, and then did some gentle distressing. I didn't was it to look torn and worn, just old. My client wanted to see this piece done before the completion of ordering. Now that the piece is done and is everything she hoped for, we will begin ordering the wall art and accessories for this beautiful console. Can't wait to show you guys the finished room! 

Happy Monday, 

Brittney







No comments:

Post a Comment